Awapatent recently entered the Greater China market with the dual opening of our first Asian offices in Beijing and Hong Kong. The offices will operate under the umbrella of AWA Asia and has been established in response to our clients’ increasing requests for assistance on the ground in Asia.
We would like to invite you for a discussion with two of our very own Chinese IP experts, internationally ranked Ai-Leen Lim (CEO and Principal Counsel) and highly experienced Rhonda Tin (Counsel) who will share their trademark portfolio management experiences on:
• Trademark selection & the importance of Chinese language marks
• The peculiar characteristics of the Chinese trademark system that the west are not accustomed to
• The over-reaching arm of social media in consumerism and brand building, the risks and rewards it presents to trademark owners
• Enforcement of IP rights
• Bad faith registrations, piracy issues and how these could be tackled
• A review of the 1 May 2014 changes to the trademark law and its impact
• Some recent high profile trademark cases, and lessons learnt
The session will have an interactive format, so do come armed with your very own China trademark- specific questions!